Peanut butter cookie bars are like toffee bar squares plus lunch lady peanut butter squares. They are soft, buttery and chewy and melt in your mouth. They are chocolate and peanut butter and toffee.
And then, to make these cookies even better, they are covered in toasted coconut covered in sweetened condensed milk.
Life just got that much better.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
The most amazing peanut butter toffee bar
covered in chocolate and toasted coconut.
cookie bar peanut butter
I’m not kidding. These are really that good. I’ve seen the other peanut butter cookie bars out there, and trust me when I say, they don’t even hold a candle.
These peanut butter cookie bars aren’t peanut butter brownies. They aren’t peanut butter bars. They are toffee bars with a hint of peanut butter and are covered in a chocolate peanut butter sauce. And I’ll just stop right there, because you need to just make these cookie bars right now!
How Do You Make Peanut Butter Cookie Bars?
Just like with toffee bars you whip up the butter and sugar until creamy and then add the rest of the ingredients just until they come together. Press the dough into a pan and bake just until lightly golden. Cover with sauce and coconut.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bar
- 12 tablespoons salted butter
- ⅛ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ peanut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to Fahrenheit 350°
- Drop spoonfuls of batter evenly throughout a 9 x 13 pan
- Press to flatten and smooth until level
- Bake at Fahrenheit 350° for 10-12 minutes
- Watch closely, cookies are done when edges begin to brown
- While baking prepare sauce and topping
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter until almost melted
- Stir until smooth
- Toast shredded coconut over stove top until brown and crunchy
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk
- Mixture will have some clumps
- After removing cookies from the oven, immediately pour sauce over crust and spread to edges
- Sprinkle coconut mixture evenly over the sauce
- Let cool
Should I Use Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips?
You should use whichever type of chocolate chips you love.
Mini chocolate chips only come in dark or semi-sweet, but you can sub in milk chocolate regular size chips if that is what speaks to your tummy!
Does it Matter What Type of Peanut Butter You Use?
No, but the creamier the better, in my opinion.
I use all natural peanut butter. You know, the kind with the oil dripping off the spoon. The trick is to mix it up really good, and store it upside down!
Can I Substitute Another Type of Nut Butter?
This peanut butter cookie bar recipe is only as good as how much you love them! Make them with your favorite type of nut!
My Favorite Cookie Baking Supplies on Amazon
I am an Amazon affiliate and Amazon sometimes pays me an incredibly small stipend from the sale of these items, and it does not cost you anything to click on them!
This pan is perfect for this peanut butter bar cookie recipe.
You can use a big stand mixer for this recipe, but a hand held works just as well too!
The. Best. Mini Chocolate Chips.
Make Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
If you make these super delicious peanut butter cookie bars, tag @Fahrenheit350sweets on Instagram so I can see it! And I’d love it if you left a review and a comment below!
More Yummy Peanut Butter Recipes to Bake at Fahrenheit 350°!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Old Fashioned Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake
- Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins